Greene County Courthouse

Green County Courthouse is located in Paragould, Arkansas. Greene County includes five cities: Delaplaine, Lafe, Marmaduke, Oak Grove Heights, and Paragould, along with multiple unincorporated communities. Located in the northeast corner of Arkansas, Greene County has a population of over 42,000. Greene County is adjacent to Clay County, Craighead County, Lawrence County, Randolph County, and Dunklin County, Missouri.

Consult with a Greene County Lawyer Today

Do you need to file for divorce or request a modification of your child custody order? Have you been injured due to another person’s negligence? If so, you will need to bring your case before the Greene County Courthouse. Contact Bryce Cook, an experienced Greene County lawyer, today to schedule a free consultation.

The Greene County Courthouse Circuit Court System

In Arkansas, circuit courts are the state-level trial courts of general jurisdiction. The 2nd Judicial Circuit Court of Arkansas is located in the Greene County Courthouse. The Circuit Court includes several divisions, including:

  • Domestic Relations
  • Civil
  • Criminal
  • Juvenile Courts

The Greene County Courthouse Is also the location of the district court, which handles the Civil Division cases. 

The Domestic Relations Division

If you seek a divorce in Greene County, you will need to submit a divorce petition with the Greene County Circuit Court. The Circuit Court has a Domestic Relations Division that handles divorce cases. The spouse who would like to start the divorce process must file a complaint or petition. The spouse who files the initial petition is called the plaintiff, and the spouse who responds to the petition is called the respondent. All domestic relations cases are handled through the circuit court in the Greene County Courthouse, including:

  • Divorce
  • Annulment
  • Spousal Maintenance (Alimony)
  • Child Custody
  • Child Visitation
  • Child Support
  • Paternity 
  • Domestic Abuse
  • Contempt 
  • Body Attachment
  • Adoption

Discuss Your Case With a Family Law Attorney

Coping with divorce and other family law issues can be incredibly stressful. Whether you’re contemplating filing for divorce or you’d like to petition the court to modify child support or spousal support, you need an experienced lawyer on your side. Attorney Bryce Cook has successfully represented many clients before the Greene County Courthouse in divorce and child custody cases. He also has experience assisting clients through the adoption process.

Bryce Cook offers his clients a full range of legal services related to divorce. He has successfully handled contested and uncontested divorces. He has also handled high asset divorces in which one or both spouses have significant assets or own a business. Bryce Cook understands how difficult it can be for parents and children to go through the divorce process. That’s why he always considers the best interest of his clients and their children and develops effective legal strategies for his clients.

He will sit down with you and listen to your situation. After discussing your case with you, he will provide you with skilled legal advice. The divorce process involves more than just dividing your property. It also involves alimony, child support, child custody, and visitation. He understands what it takes to negotiate successfully in a divorce case. He prefers to use his negotiation skills to negotiate a fair settlement. When negotiating a settlement isn’t possible, he will advocate for your rights in the courtroom at trial.

The Civil Division Of the Green County Circuit Court

The Civil Division of the Circuit Court handles a wide variety of civil disputes. Civil disputes are those involving conflicts between people or businesses. In a civil dispute, the person initiating the lawsuit, also called the plaintiff, seeks damages for an injury or wrong that has been done to them by the defendant. Civil lawsuits are different from criminal cases. In a civil lawsuit, the defendant isn’t being charged with a crime. Instead, the plaintiff is alleging that the defendant acted wrongfully and caused him or her monetary damages.

The Circuit Court located within the Greene County Courthouse is the trial court for Greene County. In other words, if you would like to bring a lawsuit in front of a judge or jury, you will need to begin the process by filing a petition or complaint as the plaintiff. The Circuit Court also hears appeals cases from the Small Claims Court. Suppose you lost your case in Small Claims Court. In that case, you may have a right to appeal the decision to the Circuit Court. The types of cases filed in the Civil Division include the following:

  • Malpractice
  • Product Liability
  • Fraud
  • Negligence 
  • Bad Faith
  • Contract Disputes
  • Foreclosures
  • Quiet Title
  • Partition Condemnation
  • Replevin
  • Declaratory Judgment
  • Unlawful Detainer
  • Removal of Disabilities
  • Name Changes
  • Injunction

Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in the Greene County Courthouse

Have you been seriously injured due to another person’s negligence? If so, you may be entitled to compensation. Under Arkansas law, victims of another person or company’s negligence have a right to recover compensation for their injuries, including:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost income (present and future)
  • Physical therapy
  • Permanent disability
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of enjoyment of life

There are many different types of personal injury cases. At the Law Offices of Bryce Cook, we have extensive experience representing clients in various types of personal injury cases, including:

Attorney Bryce Cook understands how difficult it is to cope with a serious personal injury. Your medical bills may be growing, and you probably can’t return to work. We offer our potential clients a free initial consultation to discuss their cases with us free of charge. If you’ve been injured in a personal injury lawsuit in Greene County, you need an experienced lawyer on your side to recover the compensation you deserve. 

Contact a Greene County Courthouse Lawyer Today

Do you need to file a civil case or for divorce in the Greene County Courthouse? Or, do you need to defend yourself against a lawsuit or family court petition? If so, attorney Bryce Cook is here to help. Contact the Law Offices of Bryce Cook today to schedule your free initial consultation.