Craighead County Courthouse Attorney

Craighead County is located in northeastern Arkansas and has a population of 107,115. The Craighead County Courthouse is located in a historic building on Union Street in Jonesboro, Arkansas. The Craighead County Courthouse is home to multiple departments, including the district court, juvenile court, and probate court. The offices for county prosecutors and public defenders are also located within the Craighead County Courthouse.

Consult with a Craighead County Courthouse Lawyer 

Attorney Bryce Cook of the Law Offices of Bryce Cook was born and raised in Jonesboro, Arkansas. He’s practiced law throughout Northeast Arkansas for his entire career. He has extensive experience representing clients in a wide variety of matters in front of judges at the Craighead County Courthouse. Whether you need assistance with your divorce, child support, child custody, or personal injury case, he is here to help. Contact him online to discuss your case with an experienced lawyer today.

Filing for Divorce

Attorney Bryce Cook has represented clients in a wide variety of divorce and child custody matters before judges at the Craighead County Courthouse. Whether you are going through a divorce or you would like to modify your child custody agreement, he will advocate for your rights and best interests.

Arkansas recognizes fault-based and no-fault divorce. However, if you would like to file for a no-fault divorce by citing irreconcilable differences, you will need to have been separated for a mandatory period. If you choose to seek a no-fault divorce through separation, you must be separated from your spouse for at least 18 months consecutively. 

Arkansas also distinguishes between non-covenant and covenant marriage. If you had a covenant marriage, it might be more challenging for you to get divorced. Under Arkansas law, spouses can obtain a divorce based on separation or one of several fault-based grounds for divorce, including:

  • Intolerable behavior – general indignities resulting in humiliation, embarrassment, or shame
  • Adultery
  • Impotence
  • Alcohol abuse for at least one year
  • A felony conviction
  • Cruel treatment that endangers one spouse’s life
  • Three or more years of institutionalization for insanity

Filing a Child Custody Petition

Family court judges at the Craighead County Courthouse must rule on child custody cases based on the welfare and best interest of the child. As a result, Craighead County judges expect both co-parents to participate in parenting and childcare. Many judges will require divorcing parents to attend a parenting class to help them learn to better care for their children.

Craighead County Court judges prefer that both parents engage in parenting and build a relationship with their children. Whenever possible, judges will award co-parents with joint custody. However, when awarding custody would be harmful or dangerous to the child, judges will award sole custody. For example, when one parent is unable, unavailable, or unwilling to participate in parenting or has a history of abuse or drug use, the court will not award joint custody. 

Personal Injury Lawyer – Craighead County Courthouse 

If you or your loved one has become seriously injured in a personal injury accident in Craighead County, we recommend speaking with an attorney as soon as possible. Personal injuries can be physically and emotionally painful for the victim and the entire family. Medical costs have skyrocketed, and many personal injury victims cannot pay their medical bills, especially when they have to take time off of work to recover.

If you’ve been injured in a personal injury accident, you need excellent medical care and skilled legal representation. The sooner you reach out to a personal injury lawyer, the more time your lawyer will have to investigate your claim and gather evidence on your behalf. Bryce Cook has handled a wide variety of personal injury claims in front of Craighead County Courthouse judges, including the following:

Attorney Bryce Cook has successfully obtained compensation for many clients throughout the Jonesboro area. He has over a decade of experience winning substantial damages for his personal injury clients, and he will not charge you any legal fees or costs until he secures the damages you deserve for your personal injury. Whether you are seeking compensation from an insurance policy or in a personal injury lawsuit, he will negotiate strongly on your behalf and handle the entire process so you can focus on your recovery.

Wrongful Foreclosure Attorney – Craighead County Courthouse

During these uncertain economic times, many Jonesboro residents are having a difficult time making mortgage payments. If you have been unable to make your mortgage payments, your home is at risk of foreclosure. If you live in northeastern Arkansas, you can rely on Bryce Cook, a compassionate attorney who will give your foreclosure case the attention it deserves. 

If you’ve been threatened with foreclosure, we recommend contacting him as soon as possible. He will carefully look into your case and determine whether there have been any errors related to the Foreclosure proceedings. For example, the bank may have failed to send you an adequately formulated pre-foreclosure notice or fail to inform you of your rights.

In other cases, banks will fail to have the documents signed and notarized property, or they will have engaged in a conflict of interest or bad faith. He will discover any errors in the documentation, reported, or foreclosure process to invalidate the evidence used against you. Depending on the facts of your case, he may be able to slow down the foreclosure process or stop it entirely.

Contact a Craighead County Courthouse Lawyer Today

Whether you need to file for divorce, petition the court to modify a child custody order, or file a personal injury lawsuit, attorney Bryce Cook is here to help. When you work with Bryce Cook, you can rest assured that an experienced and skilled lawyer will handle your case from start to finish. Contact him today to learn more about how he can advocate for you.